[Interest] [Qt3D] Dynamic object generation

Markus Heß markus.hess at etit.tu-chemnitz.de
Tue Jun 21 10:59:03 CEST 2016

Hi,

I want to use Qt3D (5.7) to visualize some 3d boxes in a scene. These boxes are created dynamically based on data coming from a 3D Sensor (10Hz). Because I want to display only the edges of the boxes, I created a separate box entity which itself contains 12 entities representing the edges of the box. When I create the boxes only once and add them to the scene entity everything is displayed fine. The problem occurs when I try to add and remove boxes dynamically depending on the sensor data. In that case it happens that some boxes or even only some edges of one box are not drawn. I assume that maybe the objects are already removed again before the rendering was fully done in the rendering thread. Could that be the reason?

Is there any way to solve this issue? Maybe there is a signal which notifies me that the rendering was done? I also tried to update the scene only on the "triggered" signal of QFrameAction. But still the boxes are not drawn correctly.

Regards,
Markus

--
Markus Heß
Professur Digital- und Schaltungstechnik

Technische Universität Chemnitz
Reichenhainer Straße 70 | R. W425
09126 Chemnitz
Germany