[Interest] qtwebengine and libintl on Linux (and using more "system" dependencies on OS X)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 16:06:04 CEST 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to build QtWebengine (5.6.1) for installing into /opt/local which also contains a gettext build that includes libintl (which provides symbols like libintl_gettext). This is a context that is comparable to what we have in MacPorts on OS X.

I'm getting QtWebengine build errors related to that symbol when linking patched-yasm which do not occur on OS X. Is there anything to do about this other than moving libintl.so or possibly the whole gettext install in /opt/local aside while building QtWebengine? Isn't it possible to use the system yasm, simply?

Along a similar vein, has anyone looked into using more dependencies from (elsewhere on) the system on OS X, e.g. ffmpeg from MacPorts when building QtWebengine for MacPorts? Anything that reduces the build time and/or installation footprint of this huge component would be welcome!

Thanks,
R.