[Interest] QDockWidgets behaving differently after 5.6.0

Chris Gripeos chris.gripeos at harmonixmusic.com
Wed Jun 22 16:31:25 CEST 2016

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but here it goes!

I'm working in a pretty complex application that was originally build on Qt4.8.

I migrated it to Qt5.6.0 and everything seemed to work fine.

A fewof days ago, I migrated that to Qt5.6.1 and now we're noticing that our QDockWidgets are not behaving the way they used to.

They no longer get added to QTabBars. Also, they sometimes get stacked top to bottom and sometimes left to right (when we drag and drop them in the MainWindow), even though we always specify them to dock to the "Left Area".

Qt5.7 is also behaving the same.

I'm going through docs and our code to see what it is that we might be doing wrong.

But I wanted to ask if there are any known changes or issues with Qt5.6.1 and Qt5.7 that might be causing this.

Thanks in advance for any help!

- Chris