[Interest] QMAKE_DEFAULT_INCDIRS = "/opt/local/include /usr/include" and building QtWebengine

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 16:14:46 CEST 2016

Hi,

I have been running into issues building QtWebEngine on Linux, for installation into /opt/local. Almost at the end of the L O O N G build process I get a failure from moc that claims about receiving multiple files.

It took me a while to figure out why the system tried to execute commands like

/opt/local/libexec/qt5/bin/moc $(DEFINES) -I/opt/local/share/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++-64  SNIP */-I'/opt/local/include /usr/include'/* /.../qtwebengine/src/webenginewidgets/ui/messagebubblewidget_p.h -o .moc/moc_messagebubblewidget_p.cpp

and my core_generated.gyp had lines like

          '-I.',
          '-I/opt/local/include',
*/          '/usr/include',/*
          'location_provider_qt.cpp',
          '-o',
          '<(SHARED_INTERMEDIATE_DIR)/moc/location_provider_qt.moc',

but I think I finally traced it to a line in qconfig.pri :

QMAKE_DEFAULT_INCDIRS = "/opt/local/include /usr/include"

I have a very comparible build on OS X which has comparible settings for that variable except *without the quotes*.

On both hosts that variable is set when !host_build so I'm not it's the actual culprit. If not, how do I figure out what's going on here? If it is, any ideas how the quotes got in there?

Thanks,
R.