[Interest] 5.8 Features?

Robert Iakobashvili coroberti at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 15:00:14 CEST 2016

On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 10:55 PM, Jason H <jhihn at gmx.com> wrote:
> I feel like the last few releases have been run by the trolls, and not the users of Qt. I was hoping open governance would enable the community to direct Qt development, but I seem to have misinterpreted what it means. I'm looking for what's going into 5.8.. not much listed on the releases page.
>
> I'd like to suggest that mobile get some much needed love.
> - Application state transitions; Foreground, background
> - Background processing API
> - Screen wake lock API
> - In-app Notifications: local, remote
>
> While I have those characterized as "mobile" there are things like notifications occurring on desktop platforms.
>
> Any thoughts?

Agree with Jason that mobile support needs more love
and adding "Native, native, native ..."

However, it could be that progress made at iOS and Android side is too fast and
our expectations from Qt are too high?

As any cross-platform framework Qt has its limitations.
Still, it has good integration points to allow additions of native code.

jm4c to add.

Kind regards,
Robert