[Interest] Adding editable files to VS2013 project via .pro and qmake

Tony Rietwyk tony at rightsoft.com.au
Mon Jun 27 11:21:43 CEST 2016

Answering my own question!

I stumbled upon an article that mentioned OTHER_FILES and DISTFILES.
OTHER_FILES didn't work, but DISTFILES does quite nicely.  The files appear
in their own group Distribution Files in the VS Solution Explorer, and don't
affect the output of the build.  Most importantly, the editor remembers the
files even after regenerating the project, and the DPACK editor extension
allows me to quickly select the files to open using Alt-U.

Yay!

Explorer so