[Interest] 5.8 Features?

Kai Koehne Kai.Koehne at qt.io
Tue Jun 28 10:09:10 CEST 2016

Well, the problem is that if you/we decide after some time to move some of the code
into Qt, we'd need every single contributor to sign the Qt Contribution Agreement.
This can be hard especially for github contributions, where all you have of a
contributor at times is the github account.  That's why it's highly encouraged
to use the Qt project infrastructure from the start. This doesn't mean that
it instantly has to be part of Qt releases, or follow the Qt release schedule.
We also have lots of 'playground' modules. See also

https://wiki.qt.io/Creating_a_new_module_or_tool_for_Qt

Regards
Kai