[Interest] 5.8 Features?

Marco Piccolino marco.a.piccolino at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 10:47:54 CEST 2016

This is certainly a valid point. So I guess this means that a decision
about whether a feature should be contributed to Qt or kept as a 3rd party
addon should be made early on.
Il 28 giu 2016 10:09 AM, "Kai Koehne" <Kai.Koehne at qt.io> ha scritto:

> [...]

Well, the problem is that if you/we decide after some time to move some of
the code
into Qt, we'd need every single contributor to sign the Qt Contribution
Agreement.
This can be hard especially for github contributions, where all you have of
contributor at times is the github account.  That's why it's highly
encouraged
to use the Qt project infrastructure from the start. This doesn't mean that
it instantly has to be part of Qt releases, or follow the Qt release
schedule.
We also have lots of 'playground' modules. See also

https://wiki.qt.io/Creating_a_new_module_or_tool_for_Qt

Regards
Kai