[Interest] [QtCharts] Logarithmic QDateTimeAxis

Thompson, Adam B. thompsonab at ornl.gov
Mon Jun 27 21:56:01 CEST 2016

The software package I co-develop at work is dependent on Qt 4.8, but we plan to move to Qt 5 when we have time/funding. We currently depend on a third-party plotting package for our 2D data visualization, but we'd like to be able to use QtCharts when we upgrade.

Some of our data sets are time-dependent and are often extrapolated hundreds or thousands of years in the future. As such, a logarithmic time scale would be quite useful, if not necessary to view the data in a truly meaningful manner.

Can anyone provide guidance on properly extending QDateTimeAxis (, QLogValueAxis, or QAbstractAxis) to provide a logarithmic time scale as I've described?

Adam Thompson
Computer Scientist, Nuclear Engineering
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
+1.865.241.8062