[Interest] Enabling OpenSSL on a shared build of Qt

Koehne Kai Kai.Koehne at theqtcompany.com
Thu Mar 3 08:50:57 CET 2016

Ah, I missed to that you're talking about OS X. There the system OpenSSL version should work - though it's very old (0.9.8y IIRC).  You get these warnings though because Qt checks for newer API. It's a runtime warning though, basic SSL should still work.

> I would compile Qt if needed I just want to see if I can avoid it.

If you do so, consider configuring with -securetransport. This let QtNetwork use Apples Secure Transport library, instead of the deprecated OpenSSL one.

Regards

Kai