[Interest] famous issue : setMouseTracking

Nicolas Jäger jagernicolas at legtux.org
Fri Mar 4 02:45:11 CET 2016

Hi,
  I have a question many time asked on internet, why even if some widget has the setMouseTracking
  set to true, the event mouseMoveEvent is detected only when a clicked is perfomed.

  I don't just setMouseTracking, I did a grep over the whole project to be sure that there is no
  other SetMouseTracking.

  Also, I set the SetMouseTracking to true when the mouse enters the widget, and I set it to false
  when the mouse leave the widget. The reason I do that, I read somewhere on internet (I didn't
  kept the link sry) that only one widget at a time can truly have setMouseTracking settled to
  true. and I want to use it for several widgets.

  in my mouse move event function,I added some qDebug() << hasMouseTracking() who always returns
  true when the event is performed (by clicking).I also added som qDebug()s in enter/leave events
  functions. everybody looks fine but I don't have my mouseMoveEvent performed.

  I really would like to solve this issue wich is really annoying in my case. I don't know if I
  misunderstood something or what-what...

  or is it a bug ?

Regards,
Nicolas