[Interest] MDI Subwindow with border, but no title

Murphy, Sean smurphy at walbro.com
Wed Mar 9 17:46:20 CET 2016

Is there a way to remove the title bar from an MDI Subwindow, but retain the resizable border all the way around? I'm trying to get more screen real estate for the subwindow contents, and I don't really have any need for titles. I do however want the user to be able to resize the subwindow.

With
  QMdiSubWindow* newSub = mdiArea->addSubWindow(child);
I've tried a couple options:
  1.  newSub->setWindowFlags(Qt::CustomizeWindowHint);    // hides buttons, but still leaves larger size
  2.  newSub->setWindowFlags(Qt::Window | Qt::FramelessWindowHint);   // hides all window borders so nothing can get resized or moved

Option 1 retains removes the title and minimize/close buttons, but retains the same height as if those were still there - I'm assuming to present a separate handle to move the subwindow within the MDI area?

Option 2 removes everything, making it where the user can't move or resize the sub window.

I'm ok with losing the move handle on the subwindow just to get those vertical pixels back, I'll figure out some other way to allow the user to move widgets around.

Sean