[Interest] Qt undefined reference to `LED::LED(QWidget*)' LED in a custom widget

Robert Wood robert.wood at apostrophe.co.uk
Thu Mar 10 19:15:05 CET 2016

Hi folks,

I have downloaded this project:

http://www.ics.com/blog/integrating-custom-widget-qt-designer

And installed it by running qmake, make, make install (the latter as
root) in the directory the source code was copied to.

This then put the custom widget in Qt Designer and allowed me to place
the widget on a form. So far, so good. It complained about not having
the right header file I so copied cutescreenwidget.h to /usr/local/include/

That took away one error. However, I then got:

~/Software/Qt5/WidgetTesting/build-led_inc_test-Desktop_9516b5-Debug/ui_mainwindow.h:42:
error: undefined reference to `LED::LED(QWidget*)'

I tried copying libled-designer-plugin.so to /usr/lib64. It didn't help.

If I try copying the LED widget source code to my directory and place
the LEDs in Qt Creator it works. So, there must be, I guess, something I
haven't done properly when installing the custom widget?

Many thanks,

Rob