[Interest] Qt undefined reference to `LED::LED(QWidget*)' LED in a custom widget

Robert Wood robert.wood at apostrophe.co.uk
Thu Mar 10 23:32:51 CET 2016

OK, I found this which touches on what I'm trying to do:

https://forum.qt.io/topic/30884/can-t-use-custom-widget-error-undefined-reference-to-custom-widget/2

Which says you have to have this kind of thing:

LIBS += -Llibled-designer-plugin

And I thought, bingo! I don't have that.

However, that makes no odds.

Later on in the thread SGaist ask if he has a library both for the
widget and for the Designer plugin. I on;y have a
libled-designer-plugin.so file, I don't have any other library.

Someone further up is asking whether has a dll and a lib file. I
obviously need the .so, not a dll with it being Linux, but I don't have
a .lib file either.

I'm guessing I am missing another file, but have no idea where it would
be or how to generate it (if that is what is necessary).

I'm rally floundering here as I'm really just an embedded C/hardware
designer!

Would really appreciate someone pointing out what salient information
I'm missing!

Thanks!