[Interest] Upcoming mobile Qt features?

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Mon Mar 14 20:26:56 CET 2016

I'm being asked for more modern features, I don't know where these are on the Qt roadmap?

- TouchID/FingerprintManager:
  Now that both mobile platforms have platform-level APIs for fingerprints, is Qt going to support them in some way?

- Streaming video:
  Capture, send, receive "live" video to enable real-time video chat, yes, like skype/google hangouts/facetime.

Meanwhile, I'm still looking for Qt to abstract these mobile old-but-goodies:
- Push notifications
- Background operations
- Screen wake-locking
(I have a platform shim for those, but would just prefer to use a standard x-platform interface)

Anyone know the 5.7/5.8 roadmap? The only mobile thing listed on the wiki is:
- Android: Qt can now be used to easily create Android Services*

* This seems to be an either-or. Not an app with services?