[Interest] bug with # in URL when using setUrl?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Mar 15 06:32:38 CET 2016

On segunda-feira, 14 de março de 2016 18:30:13 PDT Larry Martell wrote:
> We have an app that emits a URL with a hashtag in it (#) and that is
> processed by some Angular JS code we have
> (https://docs.angularjs.org/guide/$location). That URL is emitted with
> setUrl. It works fine on a Mac, but on Windows it acts as if the #
> were not there. Googling I found this:
>
> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTWEBKIT-56
>
> Does anyone know if this bug could be the issue I am facing?

"Emits a URL" isn't enough information, so I'm going to make some assumptions.
I'm assuming that you're emitting a signal that has a QUrl parameter and the
URL it carries contains a fragment (that is, it has a #). In the slot, you
process the URL.

There are no known problems with QUrl. Therefore, the problem is in your code
that processes the URL.