[Interest] bug with # in URL when using setUrl?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Tue Mar 15 16:37:57 CET 2016

On terça-feira, 15 de março de 2016 07:04:49 PDT Larry Martell wrote:
> Sorry for not giving more details. It's not a fragment - it's an

You say "it's not a fragment" and then your URL uses a fragment:

>     QString urlStr = "http://foo.bar.com:8000/#/workitem/12345";
>     QUrl reportUrl(urlStr);

So I'm assuming you're misusing the term and that you did want a fragment.

> Then it emits a signal, which has that QUrl parameter which causes
> this code to run:
>
>   ui->webView->setUrl(url);
[cut]
> The link I referenced (https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTWEBKIT-56)
> mentions a bug with setUrl with URLs with a #, so I was wondering if
> that is why we are seeing issues on Windows.

It's possible. I don't know anything about webviews and how they process URLs.
My original statement is correct (the parser is wrong), but it just happens
it's not your code, it's QWebView.

Unfortunately, if it's buggy, it will remain buggy, no fix.