[Interest] bug with # in URL when using setUrl?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Mar 16 04:12:25 CET 2016

On terça-feira, 15 de março de 2016 21:42:24 PDT Larry Martell wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 9:14 PM, Thiago Macieira
>
> <thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
> > On terça-feira, 15 de março de 2016 19:15:03 PDT Larry Martell wrote:
> >> So that led me to these questions:
> >>
> >> -What runs the JS code on the client?
> >
> > JavaScriptCore, WebKit's JS engine.
>
> Is that part of Qt? I googled it, and it seems it's something that
> comes with Mac's, but does it also come with Qt?

It's inside QtWebKit. Mac has another copy of it, inside its own WebKit
framework.

> I've done some more testing on 5 different machines - 4 Mac's and 1
> Windows. Unfortuanly no patterns emerged that I can draw any
> conclusions from:
>
> 2 macs, both running Mavericks  where Qt was built from source and it
> works on those
> 1 Windows, running 8, where Qt was built from source and it doesn't work
> there
> 1 mac running Mavericks that has the downloaded Qt libs installed and
> it doesn't work there
> 1 mac running Mountain Lion that is running the packaged app from a
> dmg file and it doesn't work there

Check if you have OpenSSL available. It might be that the requests fail
because they are HTTPS and there's no SSL support.

If you're compiling on Mac from source, you may try the -securetransport
option, which  uses the Mac API instead of OpenSSL.

> >> -How can I debug the Angular code?
> >
> > No idea. That's not a Qt question. It's entirely possible that the
> > AngularJS code is at fault here, doing some User-Agent matching (I don't
> > know whether you set an UA or whether the default QtWebKit UA differs
> > from platform to platform).
>
> So if the OS comes with a JavaScriptCore would it use that or the Qt
> one? Any how do I find out what version each platform has?

No, QtWebKit uses exactly the version that is in its source code.

With all the bugs that exist in it, including security issues.

Hint: stop using QtWebKit.