[Interest] Are slots even needed these days?

André Somers andre at familiesomers.nl
Wed Mar 16 16:38:09 CET 2016

Op 16/03/2016 om 16:12 schreef Michael Sué:
> Hi,
>
>> is there a reason to have "public slots:" anymore?
> If you build dialogs in Qt Designer,
I do.
> you will like the function "connectSlotsByName" - called in the generated ui code - to work properly i.e. connect correctly just by the names you give your objects and slots.
I don't. Way too much magic by my taste, and it requires naming methods
after what triggers the method instead of what the method does, which
IMnsHO is bad practise. So it's near the top of mis-features I would
like to have removed from Qt, or at least be made optional and explicit
instead of default and implicit.

André