[Interest] [OS X] Qt 5.6.0 minimal build configuration (error compiling qlatincodec.cpp)

René J. V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 18:38:40 CET 2016

Thiago Macieira wrote:

> The hint is in that "-O3 -march=native" in the command-line. The only place
> where "-march=native" shows up in the Qt sources is part of ANGLE [*], which
> is never compiled on OS X.
>
> So I conclude that René has overwritten QMAKE_CXXFLAGS.

Couple observations:
- I am doing nothing different from what I'm doing while building Qt 5.5.1
- -stdlib=libc++ appear to be missing only from CXXFLAGS in the Makefiles under
qtbase/src/tools
- it is the only option that's missing

While you may be right that my (intention of) adding compilation options is
somehow involved, I don't think that's the "bug" (and I'd hope that it'd be
supported).

Checking my build scripts, I can confirm that CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS are set
*through the environment*, not by any direct action of mine.

What I do change though is a few lines in qmodule.pri, replacing "QMAKE_CFLAGS
=", "QMAKE_CXXFLAGS =" and "QMAKE_LFLAGS =" with the corresponding "QMAKE_?FLAGS
+=" . The accompanying comment explains that this change is made exactly to
ensure that options specified through the environment come in addition to the
standard options, instead of replacing them.

If those statements were moved to a different file, or qmodule.pri moved to a
different location, the changes will no longer be made (but then I guess I'd not
be seeing -stdlib=libc++ anywhere anymore ?!).

R.