[Interest] [OS X] Qt 5.6.0 minimal build configuration (error compiling qlatincodec.cpp)

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Mar 17 19:38:58 CET 2016

On quinta-feira, 17 de março de 2016 18:38:40 PDT René J. V. Bertin wrote:
> Couple observations:
> - I am doing nothing different from what I'm doing while building Qt 5.5.1
> - -stdlib=libc++ appear to be missing only from CXXFLAGS in the Makefiles
> under qtbase/src/tools

Hmm... those are "bootstrapped" tools. But I can't find anything that overrides
QMAKE_CXXFLAGS.

> - it is the only option that's missing

But you've got things that you shouldn't have. Most likely, whatever added
-march=native did so by overriding QMAKE_CXXFLAGS.

> While you may be right that my (intention of) adding compilation options is
> somehow involved, I don't think that's the "bug" (and I'd hope that it'd be
> supported).

The proper way of adding options is to modify the mkspec's qmake.conf file or
to create a new one that include()s the standard one. Anything else is not
tested.

> Checking my build scripts, I can confirm that CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS are set
> *through the environment*, not by any direct action of mine.

Yeah, not tested. This is the cause of your problem.