[Interest] bug with # in URL when using setUrl?

Larry Martell larry.martell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 19:28:34 CET 2016

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 11:39 AM, Thiago Macieira
<thiago.macieira at intel.com> wrote:
> On quinta-feira, 17 de março de 2016 09:39:44 PDT Larry Martell wrote:
>> GET https://code.jquery.com/jquery-2.1.4.min.js SSL handshake failed
>>
>> A couple of days back Thiago said:
>> > Check if you have OpenSSL available. It might be that the requests fail
>> > because they are HTTPS and there's no SSL support.
>> >
>> > If you're compiling on Mac from source, you may try the -securetransport
>> > option, which uses the Mac API instead of OpenSSL.
>>
>> So I want to understand this - Is this error occurring because these
>> machines do not have OpenSSL installed?
>
> It's possible.
>
>> Would rebuilding Qt with that option fix this?
>
> If they are Macs, yes. You can also solve the problem by installing a recent
> version of OpenSSL.

Rebuilt Qt with -securetransport and it did not fix the problem. In
any case, that is not a good solution for us, as that option is not
available on Windows. We are building an app that will be sold and
distributed as a dmg or setup.exe file. We cannot count on the users
having any given packages, so what I have done is downloaded the
static assets to our server and changed the html to load them to the
client from our servers instead of from the internet.

I really want to thank Thiago and Konstantin for all the help you gave
me and for being so patient with my ignorance of Qt. I could never
have tracked down this issue without you 2.