[Interest] bug with # in URL when using setUrl?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Thu Mar 17 19:42:58 CET 2016

On quinta-feira, 17 de março de 2016 14:28:34 PDT Larry Martell wrote:
> > If they are Macs, yes. You can also solve the problem by installing a
> > recent version of OpenSSL.
>
> Rebuilt Qt with -securetransport and it did not fix the problem.

Please check that QSslSocket::supportsSsl() returns true.

> In
> any case, that is not a good solution for us, as that option is not
> available on Windows.

Indeed, this is only for OS X and other Apple OSes. For Windows, you need to
ship OpenSSL alongside your binaries, in your installer. Any export control
compliance issues arising from that are your responsibility too.

> We are building an app that will be sold and
> distributed as a dmg or setup.exe file. We cannot count on the users
> having any given packages, so what I have done is downloaded the
> static assets to our server and changed the html to load them to the
> client from our servers instead of from the internet.

That is usually good practice. Depending on someone else's server, which may
go down or disappear without notice, is not good for business. A step further
would be to keep files locally, so the functionality works even if no Internet
access is possible or if it's misconfigured (for example, proxy).