[Interest] load average building QtWebEngine

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 19:44:32 CET 2016

Hi,

This seems a bit silly to ask, but I'm seeing extremely high load averages: 60.74 53.07 41.45 building QtWebEngine (about 8100 files in).
That's on a 2 core, 2 thread i7, with the build started with make -j4 . I'm indeed seeing more than 4 concurrent clang processes and nothing else that takes anywhere near the CPU load to drive me up to insane values like >40 over the last couple of minutes.

It looks like there's only a single ninja process being spawned from one of the Makefiles, so it's not like there are 4 of those that each decide to build using 4 or 5 parallel processes.

Curious. And probably not speeding up the build ...

R.