[Interest] [FileDialog] FileDialog's folder property detects 'binding loop'

Sina Dogru sinadooru at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 13:19:03 CET 2016

I have a qml application, where I use FileDialog on couple of places of my
application. Here is a simple example of how I use it,

    FileDialog { // line 37
        id: fileDialog
        folder: shortcuts.home
        selectFolder: true
        onAccepted: {
            if (fileDialog.selectExisting)
                ProjectManager.open(fileUrl);
        }
    }

But unfortunately, I get a qml error everytime I run this,

qrc:/main.qml:37:5: QML DefaultFileDialog: Binding loop detected for
property "folder"

I am not sure if am I using it wrong :S. Also I get same message on my
other FileDialog objects along project. Another example of error is,

qrc:/PropertiesWallpaper.qml:9:5: QML DefaultFileDialog: Binding loop
detected for property "folder"

Also I use FileDialog same way I used on the code snippet above.

I have tried it on 5.6 and 5.5.1 together, both same results. I could not
find any bug reports or anything about it.

Thank you,

Sina