[Interest] Structuring of QML app as set of interlinked screens for maximum code reuse

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 11:48:42 CEST 2016

> QQC2 available in 5.6 as TP, is actively in development and final
> version should be in 5.7. Some issues fixed only in 5.7. I recommend
> to target to use Qt 5.7, if you plan to use QQC2.
> You can mix both controls, but this controls use different HiDPI
> scaling mechanism: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-51999

Alright, then we'll have to postpone using QQC2 for (possibly) some
later upgrade. The product is to be released before Qt 5.6/5.7 hits
the main package repos of Ubuntu. It will be used in remote locations
and serviced once a year. But I think it should be no problem to build
this UX without QQC2 thanks to the tip from others in this thread.

Anyway, thanks for the pointers. We may use QQC2 in the future.

Elvis