[Interest] Conflicting libjpeg versions

Etienne Sandré-Chardonnal etienne.sandre at m4x.org
Tue Mar 29 16:18:11 CEST 2016

Dear all,

I am compiling under windows with MinGW (64-bit)

I compiled Qt for static linking. I let the default options for configure
regarding jpeg support, and it seems that it choose using the system
libjpeg (as seen in config.summary), probably because it detected it. My
system libjpeg is the binary shipped by libjpeg-turbo 1.4.2 official
download, installed inside minGW folders. The libjpeg version as in
jconfig.h is 62 (6.2)

Now when I compile and run my application, libjpeg functions return the
following error message : Wrong JPEG library version: library is 80, caller
expects 62

So it means that at some point my application was linked (statically or
dynamically) with libjpeg version 80 (8.0)

If I remove the libjpeg.a from my compiler path, I cannot compile my
application anymore. So it is properly linking against that file, or I am
missing something.

What could be the issue?

Thanks...