[Interest] Define map of static items in QML

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 08:43:19 CEST 2016

Den 30 mar 2016 8:36 fm skrev "Elvis Stansvik" <elvstone at gmail.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> I can understand why I can do
>
> property Item foo: Foo {}
> property Item bar: Bar {}
> property variant items: {
>     "foo": foo,
>     "bar": bar
> }
>
> but not
>
> property variant items: {
>     "foo": Foo{},
>     "bar": Bar{}
> }
>
> The first opening { in the second example probably puts me in JS
territory, where the Item {} syntax is not understood as a static
definition of an item.

> However, is there some way of defining a map of static items like this,
without having to bind the item instances to properties first? Such that I
can later do e.g. items["foo"] to access an item?

I should state my use case as well: I'm doing a small page based embedded
app (less than 20 pages), based on a StackView, where I'm thankfully not
hardware constrained (it's a fast PC). So I have no reason to use Loader to
load pages dynamically but was thinking of keeping them all statically in a
map, so that I can switch page based on the name of the page (e.g
"WelcomeScreen") by calling some function or perhaps emitting a signal with
the name as argument.

Elvis