[Interest] [probably OT] full screen on X with no window manager

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Mar 30 18:42:03 CEST 2016

On quarta-feira, 30 de março de 2016 13:25:31 PDT Francisco Ares wrote:
> What does the window manager offers to the application that it does not
> find on "bare metal" X ?  What can I do to provide it?

Well, it provides a way to place the window somewhere on the screen, resize
it, etc. If you want to provide that functionality, you will need to study the
XCB library and the X11 protocol. Qt will not help you.

But that begs the question: why are you using X in the first place? If you have
a single-process UI, you should be using EGLFS.