[Interest] Lost OpenGL context and crash

Jani Tykka jtykka at broadsoft.com
Thu Mar 31 06:04:29 CEST 2016

Hi,

We are using Qt 5.5.1, D3D9 and ANGLE renderer. Rarely on some machines
after resuming from Windows lock screen we see the following error logged
"QWindowsEGLContext::swapBuffers: eglError: 12302, this: 0xf791378 ", that
error keeps repeating and usually after some time the application crashes:

crashing thread:
0libGLESv2.dlllibGLESv2.dll at 0x52d17
1libGLESv2.dlllibGLESv2.dll at 0x527c1
2libGLESv2.dlllibGLESv2.dll at 0x526a4
3user32.dlluser32.dll at 0x384f3
4user32.dlluser32.dll at 0x16c40
5user32.dlluser32.dll at 0x16820
6user32.dlluser32.dll at 0x1d169
7ntdll.dllntdll.dll at 0x78e76
8user32.dlluser32.dll at 0x14f25
9user32.dlluser32.dll at 0x1480a
10uxtheme.dlluxtheme.dll at 0x27306
11uxtheme.dlluxtheme.dll at 0x26148
12user32.dlluser32.dll at 0x14c16
13qwindows.dllqwindows.dll at 0xde6b
14icuuc54.dllicuuc54.dll at 0x8033a
15qwindows.dllqwindows.dll at 0xdc80

Found this QT-BUG https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-29223 which looks
exactly what we are seeing. Any thoughts what can be done? We cannot use
D3D11 which I suspect could fix this issue since we are seeing too many
other random crashes and strange UI behaviour with it compared to D3D9.

Thanks,
Jani

--

This email is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If