[Interest] Problem with QWebEngineView and QWebView

Freddy Martinez freddy311082 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 21:03:06 CEST 2016

Hi guys... our team is developing an application where we need to show a dynamic report, which its content is writing in HTML using JavaScript to render PieCharts, Tables, etc.

My problem is when I try to use QWebView, some kind of features doesn't work, and if I render the same content with QWebEngine everything is perfect... until now, our solution is change our report component to QWebEngineView instead QWebView... ok, but, that's bring me other problems and here they are:

1. How can I print a QWebEngineView content ?? with QWebView I only need to call the print method
2. Is there a signal for any clicked link ? in that case, what is it ?

I had bought a HTML template (http://wrapbootstrap.com/preview/WB0N89JMK) and I need to show exactly as I can see it on any web browser .

this is may code to test webview and webengine behaviour :

#include "MainWindow.h"
#include "ui_MainWindow.h"
#include "QWebEngineView"
#include <QWebView>

MainWindow::MainWindow(QWidget *parent) :
    QMainWindow(parent),
    ui(new Ui::MainWindow)
{
    ui->setupUi(this);
//    QWebView* viewWidget = new QWebView(this);
    QWebEngineView* viewWidget = new QWebEngineView(this);
//    viewWidget->setUrl(QUrl::fromLocalFile("/Volumes/DATA/nautam/nautam1.1/html/color_admin_v1.9/admin/template_content_html/table_manage_responsive.html"));
    viewWidget->setUrl(QUrl::fromEncoded("http://wrapbootstrap.com/preview/WB0N89JMK"));

    setCentralWidget(viewWidget);
}

in the URL, you can go to the menu Tables/Managed Tables/Responsive and you'll see that the filter and the button order on the header of each column is not there when I run the test with webview and is there when I use  webengine... another curious things is the output of qt-creator console, because when I use webview, qt-creat console output said:

qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_set_psk_client_callback
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_1_client_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_2_client_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_1_server_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve TLSv1_2_server_method
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_select_next_proto
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_CTX_set_next_proto_select_cb
qt.network.ssl: QSslSocket: cannot resolve SSL_get0_next_proto_negotiated

so, where is my problem and what is the best way to fix it ?

regards

PD: I'm using OS X El Capitan and Qt 5.6.

"El tamaño de tus logros depende del tamaño de tus metas."
C++ and Qt Senior Developer
B.S. Computer Science
Buenos Aires, Argentina