[Interest] android and openSSL, google-store is complaining

maitai maitai at virtual-winds.org
Thu Mar 31 21:23:30 CEST 2016

Hello,

Just received a long message from g-play basically saying:

Please migrate your app(s) to OpenSSL 1.02f/1.01r or higher as soon as
possible and increment the version number of the upgraded APK. Beginning
July 11, 2016, Google Play will block publishing of any new apps or
updates that use older versions of OpenSSL. If you're using a 3rd party
library that bundles OpenSSL, you'll need to upgrade it to a version
that bundles OpenSSL 1.02f/1.01r or higher.

I dont think I did something special about openSSL, it just happened to
work on Android

My latest apk on g-play is still qt 5.5.1, next one will be 5.6.0, that
will be enough to get the proper OpenSSL version?

Also found that complicated page:
http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/opensslsupport.html so I have my doubts :)

Any hint welcome

Thanks