[Interest] using cmake to build Qt projects.

André Pönitz apoenitz at t-online.de
Thu May 5 13:35:38 CEST 2016

On Thu, May 05, 2016 at 06:53:54AM -0400, Bill Crocker wrote:
> >>I am trying to port my Qt project to a cmake based build so I can use CLion
> >>for debugging.
> >
> >Why is CLion preferable for you to do Qt debugging, opposed to e.g. using Qt
> >Creator?
> >

> Because CLion works out of the box and I am assuming that I can use it to debug
> my app once I get it to build with cmake.

I would expect CLion to be able to debug your application but not have
specific support for Qt, like introspection of QObjects and containers
etc.

> I have never been able to get creator to work.  The 5 series won't even run
> under my versions of VNC and the NX virtual desktops.  This apparently due to a
> dependency on new visual fluff.

Qt Quick doesn't indeed not work well over VNC. The common workaround is to
not load Quick based plugins of which there are only few:

    path/to/qtcreator -noload Welcome

The session handling bits of the Welcome screen are still independently
available in the 'Files' menu.

Andre'