[Interest] using cmake to build Qt projects.

william.crocker at analog.com william.crocker at analog.com
Thu May 5 13:54:53 CEST 2016

>> I have never been able to get creator to work.  The 5 series won't even run
>> under my versions of VNC and the NX virtual desktops.  This apparently due to a
>> dependency on new visual fluff.
>
> Qt Quick doesn't indeed not work well over VNC. The common workaround is to
> not load Quick based plugins of which there are only few:
>
>      path/to/qtcreator -noload Welcome
>
> The session handling bits of the Welcome screen are still independently
> available in the 'Files' menu.

Here is what happens when I try to run creator.
Please excuse me for not imagining that there might
be a command line option to resolve the issue.

:-)

Bill

------------------------------------

>qtcreator
QXcbConnection: Failed to initialize XRandr
SOFT ASSERT: "str && *str" in file
/work/build/qt-creator/src/plugins/coreplugin/id.cpp, line 122
SOFT ASSERT: "str && *str" in file
/work/build/qt-creator/src/plugins/coreplugin/id.cpp, line 122
SOFT ASSERT: "str && *str" in file
/work/build/qt-creator/src/plugins/coreplugin/id.cpp, line 122
SOFT ASSERT: "str && *str" in file
/work/build/qt-creator/src/plugins/coreplugin/id.cpp, line 122
Reading Qt Account settings from disk: "/home/whc/.local/share/Qt/qtaccount.ini"
Reading licenses from file: "/home/whc/.local/share/Qt/qtlicenses.ini"
License added. License id [ XXX ] License schema [ "Full Commercial" ] Licensed
products [ "Enterprise" ] Licensed platforms [ ("X11", "Windows", "Mac") ]
License expiry date [ QDate("2016-06-22") ]
Valid licenses found: 1
Sending license download request..
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
WARNING: Application
/nobackup/whc/qt/Qt5.6.0/Tools/QtCreator/bin/qtcreatorp�a calling GLX
1.3 function "glXCreatePbuffer" when GLX 1.3 is not supported!  This is an
application bug!
QQuickWidget: Failed to make context current
QQuickWidget::resizeEvent() no OpenGL context