[Interest] using cmake to build Qt projects.

André Pönitz apoenitz at t-online.de
Thu May 5 14:26:16 CEST 2016

On Thu, May 05, 2016 at 07:54:53AM -0400, william.crocker at analog.com wrote:

> >>I have never been able to get creator to work.  The 5 series won't even run
> >>under my versions of VNC and the NX virtual desktops.  This apparently due to a
> >>dependency on new visual fluff.
> >
> >Qt Quick doesn't indeed not work well over VNC. The common workaround is to
> >not load Quick based plugins of which there are only few:
> >
> >     path/to/qtcreator -noload Welcome
> >
> >The session handling bits of the Welcome screen are still independently
> >available in the 'Files' menu.
> >

> Here is what happens when I try to run creator.
> Please excuse me for not imagining that there might
> be a command line option to resolve the issue.

Looks like there might be more plugins than the Welcome screen involved.
I can't tell from the output which one. In any case, my next attempt
would be white- instead of blacklisting plugins, i.e. something like

   bin/qtcreator -noload all -load QmakeProjectManager -load Debugger

(-noload all was new in 3.5)

Andre'