[Interest] Plans for the Qt Serial Bus module?

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Sun May 15 10:35:02 CEST 2016

Hi all,

Anyone know what the plans / timeline for the Qt Serial Bus module is?
It's currently Technology Preview, but are the plans for this module
to become an official module, part of a future Qt release?

I'm using PyQt and recently found myself wanting to do Modbus/TCP on
top of the Qt event loop, to repeatedly poll some hardware, and if the
Serial Bus module was part of a Qt release, I'm sure Phil (of PyQt)
would wrap it.

At the moment I'm doing the polling in a separate thread using a
different library.

Cheers,
Elvis