[Interest] Qt3D RenderCapture

Harald Vistnes harald.vistnes at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 10:28:41 CET 2016

Hi,

I'm working on a CAD like application and we want to replace the old
graphics library with Qt3D. An important feature is for the user to be able
to create images of the 3D scene. When generating images, the user must be
able to select background, select which overlay items should be included,
resolution, etc. So the generated image will not be a direct dump of what
is on screen.

In Qt3D there is QRenderCapture, however it only captures the contents of
the framebuffer and returns it as a QImage.

Is it possible to temporarily modify the scene during the capture and then
restore it afterwards (in the slot connected to
QRenderCaptureReply::completeChanged)?

Is it possible to switch surface in the framegraph so that the scene is
rendered into an offscreen surface with the requested resolution during the
capture? Or is there any other way I can force it to render with a
different resolution than the window size?

Thanks,
Harald