[Interest] QGV and Drop shadow test, can you run this test please?

Ch'Gans chgans at gna.org
Mon Nov 28 02:21:51 CET 2016

Hi there,

Out of curiosity, i would like to compare the perfomance of
QGraphicsDrodShadowEffect on my PC, with some of yours.

I have pushed a small test app here[1], it simply adds an ellipse to a
graphics scene, apply a drop shadow effect and start zooming in
automatically.
As soon as the event loop slows down (arbitrary condition), it start
printing how long it took to render the shadow. It's not the best way
to measure performance, but maybe with a few results from different
people with different HW/SW setup it will help me understand what the
problem is with the drop shadow effect (the more you zoom in, the more
time it takes to render the drop shadow).

If you run it, can you please report the app output along with a quick
summary of your HW and OS+Qt setup?

Any suggestion on how to improve the test app are welcome too! ;)

Thanks in advance,
Chris

[1] https://gitlab.com/chgans/qgv-drop-shadow-slowness