[Interest] What don't you like about Qt?

Rob Allan rob_allan at trimble.com
Wed Oct 5 02:59:17 CEST 2016

From: Thiago Macieira <thiago.macieira at intel.com>
>> There isn't, because developer selects the bugs they're going to fix.
>> There's common procedure.

> Oops, this came out wrong after reediting. I meant that there is no common
> procedure, each developer chooses the bugs however they wish.

Doesn't this really cut to the heart of what John is complaining about -
Agile or non-Agile aside? The issue seems to be that there is no
well-defined or over-arching policy or procedure for choosing what bugs to
fix - the developers just pull bugs off the heap that seem doable. That's a
natural approach in some ways, and devs often have good instincts for which
bugs matter and can be most readily fixed. But maybe there is a need for
some sort of regular high-level review of bugs to identify those that are
having the worst customer impact and need to be looked at by the devs.

Rob