[Interest] What don't you like about Qt?

Tuukka Turunen tuukka.turunen at qt.io
Wed Oct 5 11:48:36 CEST 2016

Yes, latest one is actually just closing. In addition, we ask feedback from every support case.

> From the Qt Project's point of view, to get a feature in, you can do one of:
>  * do it yourself
>  * convince someone to do it for you
>   (with arguments or by freeing up their time by taking up part of their work)
>  * paying someone to do it

The normal Qt bug priorization is quite efficient in my opinion - we fix first the bugs that have highest impact. Mostly these bugs are fixed already during the development cycle, but of course sometimes critical bugs may slip through, and will be addressed in patch releases.

Like Kai mentioned, in addition to the normal priorization the bugs reported by commercial customers get focus. If it is a corner case or bug with a good workaround, it may still not get priority over something that would block high number of users - but in general we think this works fairly well. So reporting bugs via Qt Support will give the issue a boost.

In general, we are unfortunately not able to fix all issues. I think we do quite good work in finding the right priorities, but the fact remains that getting more bugs fixed overall would be beneficial.

Yours,

	Tuukka