[Interest] What don't you like about Qt?

Thiago Macieira thiago.macieira at intel.com
Wed Oct 5 11:33:47 CEST 2016

Em quarta-feira, 5 de outubro de 2016, às 19:48:00 CEST, John C. Turnbull
escreveu:
> You did mention though that The Qt Company has SLAs and will try to
> reproduce problems etc., but what if I just want to say things like "I want
> this feature" or "I don't think this feature is implemented in the best
> way" or "I think the whole SDLC is being managed in a way that is
> ineffective and is making using Qt in a production environment difficult"
> or "mobile support is nowhere near good enough to implement serious apps so
> I can't use Qt as a true cross platform toolkit" or "QML is a great concept
> but without adequate C++ APIs, it's really only suitable for basic forms"?
>
> What SLAs or kinds of responses should I expect then?

I don't know. Your commercial contract with The Qt Company may include
something about that. Or not. I don't know, I've never read one (not even
during my time working for Trolltech). I guess that it's during negotiation
that you get more leverage to make some demands.

I do remember Trolltech sending yearly surveys to find out what customers
wanted. I don't know if The Qt Company has kept that practice.

From the Qt Project's point of view, to get a feature in, you can do one of:
 * do it yourself
 * convince someone to do it for you
  (with arguments or by freeing up their time by taking up part of their work)
 * paying someone to do it