[Interest] Font rendering depending on the QPA plugin?

Sérgio Martins iamsergio at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 14:46:09 CEST 2016

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 1:20 PM, Michał 'Khorne' Lowas-Rzechonek
<michalrz at socialbicycles.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a question about font rendering, Qt 5.6.1 on Linux.
>
> I am using QPainter to drawText() onto a monochromatic offscreen
> QPixmap, which then gets saved to a file.
>
> What bothers me is that it seems that pixel layout of letters changes
> depending on QPA plugin I use... with -platform xcb the bitmap renders
> fine, but with other QPAs the font metrics are completely off. I've
> inspected them via QFontMetrics and got different results of
> boundingRect() for the same letter with the same font:

I would recommend you use the same font database before proceeding
further with debugging.
If you compile with -no-fontconfig, does the xcb qpa render the same
as your custom qpa ?
If you make your qpa support fontconfig, does it render the same as
xcb+fontconfig ?

Regards,
Sérgio Martins