[Interest] Font rendering depending on the QPA plugin?

Michał 'Khorne' Lowas-Rzechonek michalrz at socialbicycles.com
Fri Oct 7 15:21:47 CEST 2016

Hi Sergio,

Thanks for the response.

On 07/10/16 14:46, Sérgio Martins wrote:
> I would recommend you use the same font database before proceeding
> further with debugging.
A good suggestion indeed!

Ok, so all plugins I mentioned refer to QGenericUnixFontDatabase, which
indeed maps to either QFontconfigDatabase or QBasicFontDatabase,
depending on -fontconfig flag. So I would say all of them use the same
font database.

> If you compile with -no-fontconfig, does the xcb qpa render the same
> as your custom qpa ?
I've just rebuilt all plugins with fontconfig disabled ('./configure
-no-fontconfig'), verified that resulting .so files do not link to
fontconfig at all, while previously they did.

Unfortunately the rendering is still bad :(

> If you make your qpa support fontconfig, does it render the same as
> xcb+fontconfig ?
Previously I've been using system-wide Qt (built by Gentoo) with
fontconfig enabled. My plugin is included in the same source tree
(src/plugins/platforms/my_qpa), so it uses the same settings as the rest
of Qt.

In the end, flipping the '-(no)-fontconfig' doesn't seem to have any
effect at all.

cheers
--
Michał 'Khorne' Lowas-Rzechonek