[Interest] qtWebengine: Gstreamer support (roadmap)

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Fri Oct 7 15:15:09 CEST 2016

07.10.2016, 16:10, "Ruei, Eric" <e-ruei1 at ti.com>:
> Hi, Konstantin:
>
> Thank you very much for your information!
> We are still using QT 5.6.0 which contains the old qwebkit and we also uses its demo browser which works better than the qWebengine one does except it does not play youtube video.
> Are you saying that the new one will play multimedia video with gstreamer? When will the new qwebkit be available, is it QT5.8?

You can use any Qt version starting from Qt 5.2, though Qt >= 5.4 is certainly recommended. There is a plan to make a proper release (i.e., not preview or beta of any kind) alongside with Qt 5.8.

You can get latest preview release at https://github.com/annulen/webkit/releases/tag/qtwebkit-tp4

--
Regards,
Konstantin