[Interest] macdeploy and lib dependencies

Till Oliver Knoll till.oliver.knoll at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 19:38:15 CEST 2016

> Am 10.10.2016 um 08:37 schrieb Nuno Santos <nunosantos at imaginando.pt>:
>
> Libs like libssl, libcrypto, libxml2, libplist, etc, All the dependencies of libimobiledevice which is the lib I’m linking to. In the QtCreator project I link with libimobiledevice and macdeployqt is able to copy and rereference it, but it doesn’t do to the others making the bundle invalid in a another system

AFAIK macdeploy*qt* will only deploy Qt libraries. Those link against *system* frameworks which you do not need to worry about (when it comes to deployment).

I don't know about libimobiledevice, but that doesn't sound like a genuine Qt library to me.

Means: you need to deploy it (and its dependencies) yourself. The "install_name_tool" is your friend here.

(And are we really talking about *desktop* Macs here?)