[Interest] Interest Digest, Vol 61, Issue 4

Roland Hughes roland at logikalsolutions.com
Sun Oct 16 03:46:08 CEST 2016

On 10/05/2016 03:14 AM, interest-request at qt-project.org wrote:
> But the bug reports inhttps://bugreports.qt.io  are part of the Qt Project,
> the open source side of it (just like this mailing list, actually). If you
> report issues via the professional support contract, you get a different
> person, dedicated to commercial customers, to look into your issue. They have
> an SLA to respond to all your queries within a certain amount of time. They
> also do try to reproduce your problem and come up with testcases.
Actually, my current client is a paying customer which went the route
you suggested. They were told "Yes, we know it is a bug. It has been a
bug for N years. Pay us XX-thousand and we will fix it, otherwise hope
one of the OpenSource developers pulls it off the bug heap.

I kid you not.
This is why so many commercial clients post here.

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions

http://www.theminimumyouneedtoknow.com