[Interest] Interest Digest, Vol 61, Issue 5

Roland Hughes roland at logikalsolutions.com
Sun Oct 16 03:51:27 CEST 2016

On 10/05/2016 04:15 AM, interest-request at qt-project.org wrote:
> I don't think that agile programming is a suitable approach for
> back-end code like file-formats, network-protocols, APIs,
> frameworks etc.
>
> It's okay for quickly evolving UX, but we are talking about
> long-term concepts that need to provide stability and IMHO
> that requirement is incompatible to agile programming.
>
> If for example you developed a network protocol in an agile way,
> in the end all machines would speak different dialects and you'd
> never get them to communicate reliably.
>
> just my 2 cents.

Amen brother Victor, AMEN!

This week's phone app won't be here next week, especially if the phone
it was written for gets pulled from the market for random combustion and
detonation problems. For better or worse, Qt was sold to customers
developing products with multi-decade life spans and those require a
_solid_ methodology, not this week's marketing hype.

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions

http://www.theminimumyouneedtoknow.com