[Interest] Faster Qt app build

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 22:22:31 CEST 2016

You are comparing a Quad Core i5 to a Dual Core i5. So the Quad should
be faster than the dual core. If you really want to compare them a bit
better, on the Quad core tell JOM to only use 2 threads, and on the Dual
core, if you are using "make" as your build system, ensure you are
sending the -j2 or -j argument to make otherwise make will only build
using a single process/cpu/core.

The SSD comparison is probably a wash. You do not state what year the
MacBook Pro is so I don't know if the SSD is SATA or PCIe based. Either
way the MacBook Pro SSD should be as fast as the 840 EVO drive.

--
Mike Jackson  [mike.jackson at bluequartz.net]