[Interest] overriding qdevice.pri? (esp. QMAKE_MAC_SDK)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 23:23:04 CEST 2016

Hi,

I've run into some trouble building QtWebEngine 5.7.0 on 10.9, even after applying patches that ought to make this possible.

Turns out this is because I've configured QtBase to build using the platform, 10.9 SDK, which trickles down to qdevice.pri:

!host_build:QMAKE_MAC_SDK = macosx10.9

I've tried adding QMAKE_MAC_SDK=macosx10.10 on the qmake commandline as well as in the project's .pro file, to no avail.
Is there some way to override this setting, other than removing the offending line from qdevice.pri?

Thanks,
René