[Interest] libgdbserver.so missing in release on Android in 5.7.0

Vyacheslav Lanovets vyacheslav at lanovets.ru
Mon Oct 24 22:22:21 CEST 2016

Hello!

In 5.6.2 and before it is possible to debug release builds, especially after adding -g switch.

But when I build Profile or Release configuration in 5.7.0, the resulting Android apk does not include neither gdbserver nor libgdbserver.so.

In 5.7.0 androiddeployqt.exe does not copy those file into android-build\libs\armeabi-v7a from NDK's prebuilt/android-x86/gdbserver/gdbserver.
Due to limited scope of ANDROID_EXTRA_ in PRO file, I cannot pass -gdbServer parameter to androiddeployqt.exe.

On top of that, after I patched androiddeployqt.exe to make it to copy file gdbserver and file libgdbserver.so to supposedly correct location, my app crashes on start.

Is it known?

Regards,
Vyacheslav